15 May 2006

Two steps forward, one step back

I've been lazy on the blog front, and that's mostly because not much has changed in the last week. And I've pretty much been lazy on all other fronts, too. I don't know if it's allergies or what, but something has me feeling funky lately.

A couple minor shimmery spots: 1) We don't need Mike's travel orders to break our lease. A note from someone who appears official can write a letter, and that will suffice. 2) One of Mike's cousins who lives in Oakland will be away the week we arrive and needs a dog-sitter. So we have a free house for a few days!

We still don't know exactly how we'll be moving or exactly what we'll be doing with the cats. As I've been typing, Mike emailed a link to Flypets.com. We'll be looking in to this.

Oh, but there's a new complication -- Mike's car registration expires on June 12. We certainly won't be back in CA by then. I'm under the impression it needs smog this year; Mike doesn't think so. I just noticed the expiration date today, so soon we'll be getting around to going to the DMV website to see what's what. (We kept the car and our licenses as CA until we knew for certain where we'd be moving to. Since it turned out to be CA, there was no need to change them to VA.) Mike and I are currently emailing back and forth about what to do with the car registration. If it doesn't need smog, we can renew online... but we don't have a current CA address!

Why is this so freakin' hard?

No comments: