16 June 2006

I think I'm calmer today than I've been recently. Or maybe I'm just bored. I hadn't realized how much time I'd put in to worrying. Today I find myself with no phone calls to make, no emails to send. No back-up plans to create. No more waiting for an answer. We've resigned ourselves to driving. We know that will be the final answer. We don't believe the part about the 60 days' paid housing. Why should we? No other information has been accurate, so we won't believe anything until we see the written orders. Those orders have to come today. The moving company needs them for packing us out on Monday. I am mortified at the thought of what happens if we can't pack out on Monday. It is so horrible I'm mostly blocking it from my mind. I just keep telling myself it's so unlikely that I shouldn't even worry about it. I talked to our move coordinator at the moving company yesterday. She doesn't even need a written copy of the orders. She just needs the person who issues them to call her and tell her it's okay. A simple one-minute phone call is now essentially all that stands in the way of our move.

So, driving cross-country with a car full of cats. Should be fun.

No comments: