08 June 2006

A Plea

Please stop asking me about the move. I will tell you everything as soon as I know it, I promise. It may seem unbelievable, but there has been no news since the last time you asked, honestly. I'm not avoiding you. I'm just too tired to say it again.

I'm angry. We're supposed to move two weeks from today and we STILL don't know if we will be allowed to fly or if we have to drive. Our travel tech is not returning any of our calls or emails. I want her fired. I want us to be trusted as responsible adults who can move ourselves without some government cog's so-called assistance. If she were actually being helpful and informative, I'd appreciate her and love her to pieces. But she is useless and doesn't deserve to have a job (except that she's a government office worker, so she meets the minimum requirement of being a warm body in a chair).

I really want to enjoy this adventure of moving to a great city, but I don't like not being in control of it. I'm too anxious to be happy about it right now.

I know this blog has been somewhat single-tracked lately. Believe it or not, I've been doing other things besides panic over the moving arrangements. I'm getting lots of work done (since I won't get paid for the 2 weeks I'm not working during the move) and I'm reading some good books, and we're going out and socializing on a regular basis. It's not all bad right now. I just get taken over temporarily by the anxiety. I'll try to work on some book reviews for a little change of pace.

No comments: