11 August 2006

Yesterday I was feeling kind of numb. I was trying to be so disappointed about our stuff not arriving, but I had already been feeling so low about this whole experience that I guess I couldn't get any lower. The truck breaking down is one thing that is completely out of anyone's control. The f**ked up bureaucracy had absolutely nothing to do with this.

It might have been my fault. I jinxed it. On Wednesday evening I was looking around the living room, thinking of the cleaning and rearranging I planned to do Thursday in preparation for the arrival on Friday. I said to Grendel, "Well, the only thing that could go wrong now is the truck breaking down." Why, why why?

Speaking of Grendel, do cats catch colds? He's been coughing, and I didn't think it was in a furball way. But there was a furball on the carpet when I woke up and I haven't heard him cough this morning, so maybe that's all it was. Other than the coughing he's been perfectly normal (normal for him).

Mike gets home tonight!

No comments: