19 September 2006

I'm Even Eating Broccoli

I know I've been away from the blog for a while. I have no excuse except that I just didn't feel like it. I've been online, busy with work and other stuff, just not at Blogger.com.

I'll do a better, bigger update later, but for the time being, I'm posting a glaring reminder to everyone that I've emailed, and who hasn't responded to me, about the Susan Koman Race for the Cure coming up this weekend in San Francisco. Please consider even the smallest donation: My Race for the Cure Page.

A donation as small as $10 is all it takes to make a difference. If you can't, or won't, make a donation, then at least make a promise to yourself to talk to someone you love about breast cancer. It will affect us all some day.

One in eight women will be stricken with breast cancer in her lifetime and the more we raise, the more the San Francisco Affiliate of The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation can give back to fund vital breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs in our own community and support the national search for a cure.

I thank everyone who has already made generous donations.

If you are in the San Francisco area and want to participate on race day (walking, running, volunteering, or cheering!) please visit http://race.sfkomen.org

Please forward this information to anyone you think might like to make a donation or participate.

P.S. Those of you who know me well know that I hate broccoli. But I've started eating it for the sake of good health. That's how serious I am about breast cancer prevention. If I can eat broccoli, you can spare a few dollars.

No comments: