01 September 2006


Mike and I have been invited to a wedding in October, and it's a 1930s Hollywood themed wedding. It's the weekend before Halloween, and the rehearsal dinner is a costume party and the wedding itself is 1930s glamourous dress requested. For the costume party, I decided that Mike and I will be Howard Hughes and Katherine Hepburn. Thanks to the gals at Stitchers Guild, I found this pattern, which will be perfect for my Kate slacks. I'm not sure what kind of top I want to wear. I think I should carry a golf club over my shoulder. For Mike as Howard Hughes, I want it to be costume-y and obvious, so I'm thinking leather pilot's jacket and one of those little white scarves. Then, for the actual wedding, he'll wear a nice suit and I'll wear a gown. (My mom is sending me 2 to choose from.)

Mike's gone this weekend, and I'm going to finally sew something with all my alone time. My sewing room space isn't quite finished, but it's good enough. I'm itching to do something. Yesterday I started on some sheer curtain panels for the canopy bed. One down, four to go. So far it looks good. I've been buying too much fabric lately. Time to start sewing it up.

Mike also just got approved for some special training this fall. For about 6 weeks in November and December he'll be back in D.C.

A couple nights ago we were watching a Simpsons rerun in which one of the subplots is Lisa notices that Snowball II has gained weight. We were laughing as the cat pinned Lisa to the ground as she struggled to get up. Ha, ha, that's what Grendel has done to me before! Grendel must have been paying attention because that night when I went to bed he promptly whomped himself down across my chest. He hasn't done that in months. Fortunately he didn't stay too long; I guess he was just trying to make a statement.

No comments: