29 November 2006

I'm all better now!

My living room has become Santa's workshop and I have two skog-elves to help me. I've pretty much caught up on the shopping I had originally planned to do last weekend, before I got sick. I need to double-check my list, but I think I'm done with Christmas present shopping. I have two more gifts to finish sewing. Then I can concentrate on wrapping and decorating. Cards are almost finished being addressed. I'm on top of things this year.

I've had to put aside my raincoat sewing. I'll get back to it soon.

As I was buying a bottle of vanilla that cost nearly $10 and that I'm hoping is large enough for all my holiday baking, I was reminded of a gift tip in my Amy Sedaris book (see sidebar at right). She recommends vanilla as a hostess gift for someone who likes to bake because it's so expensive. Keep that in mind when you're running into Stop & Shop or Safeway on the way to someone's party, desparate for a gift to bring that is thoughtful yet effortless.

Also, if you give someone stationary or note cards as a gift, include a book of stamps. That's not specifically from Amy, but it's what I inferred from some of her advice.

I have a lot of free time on my hands.

No comments: