28 December 2006

freak

My new Mac has a camera in it. I clicked an icon to see what would happen, and voila! Snapshots of me looking at the computer screen.

Last night we decided to have a quiet night at home and watch a Netflix. We have some nice bottles of wine that we always put off drinking, saving them for a special occasion. But we decided that we like to drink wine, not collect it, so we popped open a bottle and settled in to watch Jackass Number Two. Oh. My. God. So. Funny.

Mike gave me a book called Candyfreak, by Steve Almond, for Christmas. It's hilarious. A guy who loves candy writes about his love of candy. I've put Foucault's Pendulum aside for a few more days. (I really am almost done with that one. I learned the secret of the Templars two nights ago and I think there are less than 200 pages left now.) If you like candy, even if you just have one favorite candy that you love and you can't stand any other candy, you will find similarities between yourself and Steve Almond. I'm not quite the sugar junkie that this guy is, but if I were able to eat malted things and it occurred to me to use all my free time eating candy, I could be dangerously close.

No comments: