26 December 2006

Happy Day After Christmas

It's been a busy couple of days. My mom's here and we've been trying to give her a good San Francisco experience. It's her first visit to the bay area.

First things first, I am typing this on my new MacBook from Mike!

My mom arrived Wednesday night. On Thursday it was cold and rainy. We bummed around Walnut Creek for a bit. Friday was much nicer and we met Mike in San Francisco for the afternoon. (He got off work at noon.) We did some touristy stuff. We went to Ghiradelli and got hot chocolates, then we went on a fun little cruise. On our walk to Ghiradelli was passed a guy who charges $11/person for a cruise under Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz. It was a surprisingly nice day for being out on the water. Sunny, not too cold. I got a little seasick at one point--there are wicked choppy waves right under the bridge. The views of the city from the water are pretty cool.

On Saturday we drove Mom up to our wedding location. Then we went to Berkeley for some last-minute gift shopping, where Mike and I also found our wedding invitations! Oh, also on Saturday we felt an earthquake.

For Christmas eve we went to dinner at Mike's cousin's home in Sacramento. My mom got to meet more of his family. It was a nice, fun afternoon. Yesterday, Christmas, we of course woke up early to open our presents. Then we went into San Francisco for Chinese food and a movie. About a million people had the same idea, and it was crowded but not too bad.

Today is Mom's last full day here. I think we are tired and even though she still has lots to see, it might be another bumming around day.

Mike and I both have this whole week off, so we can have a nice long Christmas vacation together.

No comments: