08 December 2006

tv thoughts

Heroes. I was a little disappointed with the hero that died. And I can't believe we have to wait until January 22 for a new episode.

Gilmore Girls. I've been an avid watcher for years now. Does anyone else think this season feels flat? The episodes just aren't that exciting. It's getting less quirky and more soap-opera-drama-y. And, these kids go to Yale and are supposed to be smart. No one has noticed that Marty is weird and probably liked Lucy at first because she looks kinda like Rory?

30 Rock. I was intrigued by this show early on, but didn't actually watch it until they conveniently moved it to Thursday night after The Office. Then, even though I thought the first episode I saw was very funny, I was turned off by it being a 30-minute commercial for NBC and GE products. (And the same product-placement theme was used in Studio 60 the following week, making me feel ill. These are essentially the same show, but one is funny and hip and witty and the other is boring and trying too hard to be hip and witty.) I was sucked back in by the promise of Conan O'Brien on last night's episode. This show really is funny and I hope to watch it more often, if I can stay awake through Scrubs (which stopped being so funny about 2 seasons ago).

Looking foward to Top Design, starting in January.

No comments: