04 January 2007

Origami High Heels, as seen on Manolo's Shoe Blog.

My head is buzzing with sewing projects. I've basically divided up my stash and patterns into four SWAPs:

1) Think Pink! -- the official one I'm doing for the Timmel Fabrics contest (2 of 11 pieces done)

2) Part II of that one (only 9 pieces planned for that)

3) A black & white inspired SWAP (I've expanded this plan to 12 pieces; one piece is nearly done -- a skirt I started last year that just needs hemming now.)

4) A Fall Colors SWAP, including some of the garments I sewed and planned on sewing last fall (4 of 11 pieces done)

If I can complete #1 and do a few pieces of each of the others this year, I'll be happy. Many of the garments I have planned can cross-over and be worn with garments from the other SWAPs.

Yesterday I went through my stash and added some yardage to my bag of clothes to give to Salvation Army. There are some fabrics I know I will never sew and I should give them a chance at someone else's home.

Yesterday I also cut out the solid pink fabric for my reversible coat. Tonight I hope to cut out the boucle fabric for the other side.

No comments: