25 January 2007

What is this? A topiary for ants?

I've been trying not to clog up this space with wedding planning. I feel there's an appropriate time and place for discussing that stuff and not everyone wants to see it take over my life. Also, there are some things Mike and I want to keep away from public consumption until our guests come and see it all for real. But this is a story that is only secondary to the wedding. This is more a story of me sharing the secret that I'm not always as clever and crafty as I'd like people to think I am.

So, we want topiaries. I found these on super-sale for $6 each at Save-on-Crafts.com. Yes, I read the description that said they are 18 inches tall but for some reason that did not register in my brain as being so short. Luckily I only bought 2, rather than the full number we'd like. When I opened the box, which was huge--very tall--I was struck by the reality of 18 inches.The damn box! I was so excited to see it was so tall that it still didn't occur to me how short 18 inches is. My damn brain, that has no idea how to estimate lengths and distance.

I have now taken out a tape measure and know I want something closer to 36 inches. But none of the tall topiaries are on super-sale for $6.

No comments: