30 January 2007

White Elephant Finds part une

I've been dreaming about my purchases from the White Elephant Preview Sale on Sunday. Of the four kinds of buttons I bought, I decided which ones will go on my coat. The silver half-orbs will go on the pink side, and the brown ones (they have a bit of a braid pattern that's not really visible on the picture) will go on the boucle side. The second photo, of glass buttons and pink buttons, will be put away for something else. Actually, I have more of the silver and brown ones than I need, so some of those will also be put away for other uses. (I'm thinking lots of purses--see the fabric finds I'll post later).

This third picture is linen napkins. There are a total of 20. They are similar in their off-white-ish, "natural" color, but have different woven patterns (of the same color). There are 6 of one, 4 of another, there's even 1 orphan that doesn't match any of the others. I'm thinking that in a large party no one's going to notice each napkin isn't identical to its friends.

I need to think about my fabrics more before I can post about them. I've already taken their pictures and posted them to flickr.

No comments: