18 February 2007

Sunday SWAP Update

This week I made some major progress. I finished the shirt-dress to the left there. It's a stretch sateen that's a little heavier than the pattern recommends. It's from a vintage pattern.

I also sewed a white cotton pique jacket; finished it yesterday. That only took me about 24 hours (and that includes sleeping). I'll get a picture of that up on flickr some time today. I plan on wearing it out today. Suddenly I have a need for nice jeans and nice shoes to wear with my nice jacket.

My last dress is near completion. I put the zipper in earlier this week. It has to be hemmed and it needs a belt. It comes with instructions for making a simple fabric belt, but I can't find a belt buckle small enough (3/4") so I may have to improvise. Also, I'm not in love with the sleeves on this dress so need to think about changing them.

Last but not least, I decided I hate the way my knit top looks, so I ripped it apart. I'm moving it back into the incomplete column. I worked on it a bit yesterday and I think I'm closer to a better fit. I'd like to get it figured out since the other 2 knit tops are cut out and I really wanna salvage that fabric.

My tally:
8 finished (1 coat; 2 skirts; 3 dresses; 1 jacket; 1 knit top)
1 nearly done (1 dress needs hemming and belt)
2 knit tops to do




Edited to change tally: I got the fit right on that knit top!

No comments: