05 February 2007

White Elephant Finds part deux

I've been living with my new fabrics from the White Elephant Preview Sale for a while now and I realized I've forgotten to share them.

Left: A brocade mystery content. I suspect polyester because it seems like silk, cotton, wool, etc. were always labeled, but a lot of stuff was left unlabeled, and I didn't see anything labeled polyester. So, my powers of deduction... This is a large piece, about 3 yards, for $5. I'm thinking this would be nice as the short-sleeved version of the Textile Studios Mandarin Jacket.

Right: A salt-and-pepper wool. I'm hoping there's enough for a pencil skirt. If not... then I don't know yet. I'll think of something. I'd really like it to be a bottom, even if it's just my simple A-line skirt that I can make from one yard.



Left: A silk off-white brocade with teal flowers. This feel so soft and smooth. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. I think it was my most expensive purchase of the day, at $10. I just had to treat myself to a nice piece of silk for no reason.


Right: Zebra print! It has a soft fuzziness to it, sort of like suede. Another unlabeled mystery content. This is a $2 remnant and there's just enough for a purse and a belt I think.

I tried to buy with my black-and-white wardrobe plan in mind...

No comments: