30 March 2007

Last week Mike went running and said he encountered a mallard that was not scared by all the foot traffic on the trail. I wondered if he was guarding a nest. Or just scouting for a nest. I haven't seen him on my runs unfortunately. But today I did run by a little bridge where the trail crosses with another trail, and there were lots of little baby peeps coming from under the bridge. I couldn't see any little nesting birds, but they are obviously there. It's getting too warm to run in the afternoons. I have to start doing it in the morning, which I hate. I need food and water and caffeine in my system before I can go out to run successfully.

Awhile back I mentioned signing up for Adventure Boot Camp. I decided to go for the full program, 5-days-a-week for 4 weeks. I need to kick my butt into better shape. I'm obviously not doing so well on my own. I'm hoping to learn some fun new ways to workout and make some friends. I'm afraid other women will think I'm too thin already so I must be healthy and in great shape. I swear I eat junk food and I can't touch my toes or do a decent push-up. I'm a weakling. I want to be stronger. It starts in about 2 weeks. I feel like I need to get in shape for it, like cleaning the house up a bit before the cleaning lady comes.

Strength and fitness means good nutrition, too. I'm crashing. I haven't snacked since I got back from running.

It's so hard to stay on track some times.

No comments: