15 May 2007

I didn't do any sewing yesterday. But I made a deee-licious fresh pesto to have with dinner. Tonight I'm going to attempt my first salsa verde with roasted tomatillos.

To get some inspiration for sewing down the stash I've been browsing pattern sites. I know I have the fabric. What am I going to do with it all? For some reason I've been hit with an urge for super-casual skirts to wear in the heat of the summer instead of shorts. Like New Look 6177 (left) and New Look 6565 (right).


The way these skirts are pieced together, I can combine small bits of different fabrics, thus finding a job for some of those remnants that are too small to use but too big to get rid of. I tend to buy my fabrics in capsules, so I have lots of matching pieces. I also have leftover SWAP fabrics that can be used. The options are just about endless.

No comments: