23 May 2007

No pics right now, but a quick update. I finished my black linen top yesterday. I also cut out and started sewing the easiest shorts ever and the easiest skirt ever. The shorts pattern I wanted to use for my crinkle cotton just wasn't going to work, so while I was notions shopping yesterday I picked up a cheap skirt & shorts pattern. We're talking 2 pattern pieces, a drawstring, and a yard of fabric.

The skirt is a deviation from my list, but after seeing how easy the shorts were, I decided to grab a print from my stash that I happen to be saving for an easy skirt. Drawstrings = my new favorite way to make shorts and skirts stay on. So much easier and quicker than zippers and I think they look nicer than elastic waist. Fine for schlepping around the house in summer. No need to get too fancy. But I want to look somewhat presentable when the mail carrier stops by or if I have to pop into the apartment manager's office.

No comments: