23 March 2009

Songs

I've had two songs stuck in my head the past few days.

Brand New Colony, by the Postal Service:
I want to take you far from the cynics int his town
And kiss you on the mouth
We'll cut out bodies free from the tethers of this scene,
Start a brand new colony
Where everything will change,
We'll give ourselves new names (identities erased)
The sun will heat the ground
Under our bare feet in this brand new colony
Everything will change


And The Kinks' Phenomenal Cat:
A long, long time ago,
In the land of idiot boys,
There live a cat, a phenomenal cat,
Who loved to wallow all day.

No one bothered him
As he sat, content in his tree.
He just lived to eat cause it kept him fat,
And thats how he wanted to stay.

Though he was big and fat,
All the world was good to him,
And he pointed out on the map
All the places he had been.


Regular blogging will resume here in a few days. I've done a bit of posting at What I Eat.

No comments: