08 October 2012

Motivation Monday: Awesome Edition

Image from Pinterest.
"Is this... is this a weekday?" says The Dude in The Big Lebowski. Between the family illnesses of the last couple weeks, last week's strikes, holidays, and car troubles, and today's holiday, I have absolutely no feeling for what day it is. But Muffin went to school today so it must be a weekday.

I have to run again. I have to finish up my homework this month before I begin two months of school vacation (while Muffin stays in school!). I have to make Muffin's Halloween costume. I have several baking commitments for charity bake sales and seasonal parties. I must be awesome right now. But I must also delegate tasks where I can and not spread myself too thin.

Accomplishing all that stuff means I should probably either be doing homework right now or going to bed early instead of messing around online. I have a plan though. Rest up tonight. Do homework while Muffin is at school tomorrow morning and continue with that every weekday. Go fabric shopping for her costume while she naps tomorrow afternoon with the baby-sitter and do my sewing during subsequent afternoon naps. Start hoarding ingredients for holiday baking whenever I see them in the grocery stores. Stick to my Saturday long runs even if I don't do any other running during the week.

It's not impossible. Just wake up and be awesome. And really, really go running to combat the effects of all the baked good test batches.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I totally hear you on the so very much to do but somehow finding myself sitting online tinkering with the blog or reading other blogs. But, when I think about, those 20 minutes I spend doing that kind of thing are the ONLY time of day I'm not actively baby chasing, trying to figure out work or cleaning the house. I don't know how you do it with school work on top of everything else! Enjoy your night off, sounds like a busy few weeks ahead of you!

Natasha said...

You are awesome! I need to break up tasks with things like writing/reading blogs or running (or vice versa -- taking a break from writing by cooking/baking). I never know what day of the week it is anymore ...