14 June 2006

Freak Me Out

Do you hear that nervous whimpering coming from the corner? It's me. I'm really at my wit's end with this non-information situation. I've tried to stay positive the last few days, while there was still plenty of time for things to work out. But that time is getting shorter and shorter.

My latest fear is that because the orders are being issued so late the person in charge of getting our airline tickets (assuming we're flying) will laugh his ass off, saying "You need those tickets when? Sorry, it takes at least two weeks! Ha ha ha ha ha!"

The moving company is scheduled to come pack us out on Monday (we have the rental bed until Thursday). I was supposed to have called them by now to let them know if they're moving the car or not. At this point I think it will be easier if we drive. We can pack the cats into the car and hit the road for 3 days. It will be a pain, and it will cut down our house-hunting time, but it will be cheaper and I believe ultimately easier than trying to make flight arrangements for the cats on such short notice.

I've heard so many horror stories about horrible moves, but I assumed a domestic move would be a piece of cake. Unlike an overseas move, our luggage won't be plundered by pirates, so what should I have to worry about? Sheesh.

No comments: