13 June 2006

This morning I did something I don't do nearly as often as I used to, or as often as I should now: I went running. Yesterday I found out the Race for the Cure 5K happens in San Francisco at the end of September and I decided I'm going to do it. I don't have delusions of the 20-minute 5K I was capable of 10 years ago, but I'm hoping that with some effort I can manage sub-30 minutes. I feel so slow and old right now.

You'll see I added the link to my column on the left there. It's a daily reminder to register for the race as soon as I have a permanent address. I'll badger everyone for fundraising purposes later this summer.

Travel Tech Trauma: Yesterday Mike spoke to someone in a supervisory position who could not officially confirm or deny our request to fly instead of drive, but saw the travel budget we've been approved for, and based on the amount of money in our approved budget, surmised that we will be approved for flying. Oh the bureaucracy! We "should" get the travel orders later this week. We should get them later this week? We have to get them this week! We have to go to San Francisco next week!

No comments: