11 June 2006

Weddingness

I've been temporarily brainswashed by the Style channel's marathon of wedding-themed tv this weekend. I'm aiming for Spring '07. I have lots of stuff planned out in my head. All I need is a date and a location.

Yesterday in the mail we received a save-the-date card from a friend who we never imagined would get married. This morning I went back and looked at the card, to make sure I hadn't dreamt receiving it. We got home late last night, and had had a couple drinks with dinner, so maybe the card was a hallucination. Nope. It's real. We're still a bit stunned by it.

I went ahead and designed our own save-the-date cards this morning. I really needed a break from cleaning and packing. And everyone else is planning their wedding! I'm jealous!


In other news: We are in love with this apartment-loft thing. Mike's cousins in Oakland say it's in an okay neighborhood. But it most likely won't be available by the time we get out there. I'm keeping my eye on it because you never know; maybe they're holding out for just the right nice, quiet, steadily employed couple.

No comments: