31 July 2006

We Are Crazy Cat People

We couldn't resist buying this sign for Ellie's cave. She loves to sit in there and seethe. I'll be posting some new photos to What Would Grendel Do? soon.

The Race for the Cure San Francisco is 2 months out. Any family members and friends who haven't donated yet, rest assured there's still plenty of time to do so! You can visit my race page at any time. I'll be badgering you with more email reminders over the next few weeks.

Yesterday we went to the Walnut Creek farmers' market for the first time. We found some amazing food. We bought (and ate) the best tamales we've had since we left San Diego last summer. And there was also a vendor selling Brazilian cheese bread. I've been buying the Chebe bread mix and making it myself for several years, but this guy's was so much better! He gives out free samples piping hot from the oven and they melt in your mouth. He sells the dough formed into little frozen balls. I'm going to heat some up tonight to see if they taste as delicious from my own oven as they do from the vendor's.

Not much else going on here. Mike's out of town today through Thursday and Sunday through Sunday. I'm working a lot and puttering around the house. No word on exactly when the rest of our stuf will arrive.

No comments: