02 August 2006

Thoughts on the morning news

I think Mel Gibson needs to make a guest appearance on Curb Your Enthusiasm, and then all will be forgiven and forgotten. Not that I even care about him and the poor excuse for news that's currently surrounding him (very little news time spent on Iraq or Israel and the rest of the Middle East this morning, even though a lot went down last night), but he must be looking for ways to reverse his image. Mel, take it under serious consideration. Curb Your Enthusiasm is the way to go.

Steven Colbert. At first I didn't watch his show much, but he's growing on me. I officially considered myself a fan after last week's battle with "real" news, in which The Today Show, Good Morning America, and a few other news outlets ran stories about how he humiliates his guests and why does anyone even go on the show knowing it could be a career killer. Steven made a great point when he intereviewed a Congressman who supports a bill to require the 10 Commandments to be hung in the Senate and the House and Steven asked him to name the 10 Commandments and the Congressman couldn't name them. I think that should be news! Steven shouldn't be chided for that! Why is it wrong to expect our Congresspeople to have understanding and knowledge of the bills they are supporting for us? How come "real" reporters can't ask those questions? I am so sick of the fluff that makes up so much of each news broadcast. There's a difference between human interest and crap and mainstream news continuously blurrs that line.

I don't know what's gotten into me, except I just watched Matt Lauer interview Nicholas Cage, and I am very annoyed.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Anyone interviewing Nicholas Cage annoys me. I am totally on board with what you are saying. I have a little love fest going for Colbert. Stewart and Colbert is the perfect mix.
Yeah, why isn't last night being reported more? I'm sick to death of not looking good for his age Gibson.