05 October 2006

My head's all stuffed up.

I think my hotel room is stuck in some sort of time warp. Some of the cable channels are running on their East Coast schedule. You expect that from the live news channels like CNN and MSNBC of course. But Comedy Central? TBS? I know that up until a few years ago TBS didn't delay, so the East Coast shows were on 3 hours early here on the West Coast. But, these channels play shows on the "regular" schedule at home in Walnut Creek. And when I lived in San Diego, they were fine. What's up with the cable provider this hotel uses? How come the networks don't control it so it's the same all over the West Coast? I feel like I'm in the Mountain Time Zone, where it seems like nothing is ever on at it's regular time.

I was all ready to watch the season premiere of South Park last night at 10. But the Daily Show came on instead. I thought, "That's weird, it's an hour off." But some of the commercials they had were definitely Comedy Central's very late night commercials. Was it the 1 am rerun I was watching? This morning I woke up early and was going to watch the news while I lounged for a bit, and turned the TV back on, still on Comedy Central. It was about 5:45, and Colbert Report was on. It's usually rerun at 8:30 am.

Between my stuffed up head and the TV schedule being off, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I feel a little out of sorts.

No comments: