03 October 2006

Yay San Dog!

Where in the world am I? I'm in San Diego this week! I'm working in the office for a few days. It's great to be back, even though the trip down this morning was hellish. I missed the BART I wanted, had to wait 15 minutes for the next one. Caught my transfer BART just in time, but then had to wait forever for the shuttle to the airport. Checked my bag in no time, but then the security line was so long... I Missed My Flight. Luckily I got on another one to San Diego that was leaving just a little bit later. When I got to San Diego, it took forever to wait for the rental car shuttle, then forever at the rental car place to actually get my car. Then, out of habit, instead of getting on the highway near the rental car place in downtown, I went back to Rosecrans in Point Loma. Luckily I remembered where to pick up the highway from there, and so I was finally feeling like I knew what I was doing.

It was a good day in the office. Good to be back.

Tonight I am exhausted. I'm in my Super 8 room ("super" because it has free wifi!) after a long walk to get some food. I was so sick of planes, trains, and automobiles that I did not want to drive to a restaurant or a grocery store. I'll take care of my real food shopping tomorrow (snacks and lunches for work, plus I have a fridge in my room so I can keep real milk and half & half).

One weird thing, my ipod wouldn't shut down this morning. Eventually the battery wore down and it shut off, and now that it's charging I can turn it on and off in the regular way. Despite all the warnings about turning off your electronics during take off and landing, the plane did everything it was supposed to just fine with my ipod on.

I made a list of all the outfits I wanted to wear this week, for minimum packing yet maximum wearability. But I forgot my list at home! I think I remember which skirt and/or pants to wear each day, so I should be able to figure out the tops and jackets/sweaters. I didn't quite finish sewing all the garments I wanted to before I left, but I was able to bring quite a few pieces that I made from my fall list, plus things I made last year. I'm proud of myself for that.

I'm going to watch my new favorite show, Heroes, and a show that I really want to love but it hasn't quite earned it yet, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, and probably fall asleep before they are over.

No comments: