20 October 2006

Nightmare Before Christmas is re-released in theaters! We may make a pilgrimmage to San Francisco to see it this weekend.

Yesterday I broke my no-ordering-from-Amazon.com rule to stock up on some DVDs for my alone time. Mike will be gone from October 29 through December 14. That covers Halloween, Thanksgiving, and a good portion of pre-Christmas. He'll appreciate missing my Kristmas Kraziness. He thinks I get started a little too early. We discussed getting a real tree last night. I think that would be great! We've never had a real tree together (but we haven't spent too many Christmases together and away from our families) and we have a fireplace and a corner, so we can make a nice little Christmas area.

So for my alone time viewing I ordered:

**Peanuts Holiday Collection (A Charlie Brown Christmas/A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving/It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown)

**White Christmas. Family tradition to watch on Thanksgiving while digesting the big meal. We're not a big football family. I can pretty much watch it any time between Thanksgiving and Christmas day. Most likely more than once.

**Holiday Inn. Fred Astaire really got drunk for his drunk dancing scene. He supposedly took 2 shots before the first take, and then a shot before each additional take. They used the 6th or 7th take in the film.

I also bought the new Amy Sedaris book (I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence) and two Emily Post books (On Etiquette and On Weddings). I love etiquette and hostess/entertaining books.

No comments: