22 October 2006

Sunday Sunday

Mike's out mountain biking. I'm sitting around watching these awful Bridezilla shows on the terrible WE channel. (Que Family Guy aside: "Lifetime... TV for idiots.") But at least I am actively sitting. (I'll explain that in a second.)

We decided that our workout routines need to be refreshed and rejuvenated. Yesterday we bought a jump rope, some small dumbells, and one of those big exercise balls. So, my active sitting is sitting on the ball. The balance takes work, so you strengthen your trunk and promote good posture while sitting on it. Mike can do a variety of exercises with it, but I don't have the coordination to do anything but sit on it yet. In the afternoons on slow work days, I can do a bit of strength training and stretching in the house, and I can take quick trips outside to jump rope in a nearby park. I don't have to schedule large blocks of time for running every day (which I don't do as often as I should).

We also decided that for the costume party wedding we're attending next weekend in Los Angeles we are no longer doing Katherine Hepburn and Howard Hughes. It got too hard to work on those costumes and we don't want to spend our last week together fretting about them. The first night is a Come as Your Favorite Movie Star or Character party. We're recycling costume ideas from a couple years ago to be Richie and Margot Tennenbaum. The second night, the actual wedding, is 1930s Hollywood Glamour themed, and we have clothes to wear for that.

No comments: