10 November 2006

Fabric Luv

To divert my mind from car troubles and other minor annoyances, I made an impulse buy of four yards of snakeskin print water resistant fabric for making a rain coat. Fabric and image from Emma One Sock.

For my SWAP, I've chosen a pink boucle for the coat that will be the centerpiece of the collection. It is so cozy and soft and rich that I just want to wrap up in the fabric and sleep all day. (The raincoat will match the SWAP colors, but I most likely won't include it as a final piece. Ideally I'd like to have it finished well before the SWAP sewing begins.)

In other news, I have a date tomorrow for meeting a friend to buy and replace a car battery. Thank goodness I don't need the car every day and so can take care of this at a leisurely pace. Dealing with the car this week has distracted me from my attempts at fabulousness. (Maybe that explains my sudden urge to make fabulous coats? I can plan "fabulous" much more easily than I can do "faboulous".)

Also, I just wanted to say that it's no mistake that Foucault's Pendulum has been on my "Currently Readling" list for months. It's taking me a long time to finish it. It's dense. And I have to stop every couple of weeks to rest and read something else.

No comments: