07 January 2007

All but the Buttons

It's so close to being finished, yet so far away. There was nothing that interested me in the way of buttons at Joann's. I wore the coat on my trip, in hopes it would cheer me up and inspire me. No buttons. But I did get some much needed notions. Okay, so Photo 1 is the pink side. It's candy pink cotton twill with a smidge of lycra for some stretch. There are welt pockets. Photo 2 is the boucle side. It's a silk woven that has various shades of pink, purple, brown, and some green. Both fabrics are from Timmel Fabrics. This side does not have pockets. It does have little tabs, though, that you can't see because without buttons to accentuate them they get lost in the pattern. Photo 3: See, it really is one coat! Click on any of the photos to enlarge them. I apologize for the awful color in these photos. I'm limited with what I can do with the laptop cam.

I'm not marking this down in the "Done" column yet. I don't want to count anything until it actually is complete. My next project is to work on muslins for my knit dresses and tops.

No comments: