07 January 2007

Headache

It turns out I will have to leave the house today. Cat food. Those monsters eat gobs of it and I just can't put off buying more any longer. Here's the thing. The pet store is next to Joann's. I will of course be tempted to stop at Joann's. There's a chance I'll find some buttons there. Plus I need some interfacing and muslin. I'm trying to pull myself together in time to get to the stores early, as soon as they open. Joann's is a mad house on Sundays. There's also a Frye's in the same shopping center, which draws a huge crowd on Sundays, especially minivans filled with large families for some reason. (Hey kids! Let's have a fun day of watching daddy buy bargain electronics at Frye's!)

The Concord Park & Shop. I love that name. No frills here, like The Shops at Broadway Plaza or any mall including the word "Paradise." It's very direct. Doesn't mislead you into thinking you're on a relaxing shopping vacation. You will park and you will shop (and you will have a large headache when you're done). You will not lounge around laughing with your stylish friends over lunch with Nordstrom bags piled around the table.

At least the parking is free. ("You know what really grinds my gears"? -Peter Griffin. Paying for parking.)

No comments: