24 January 2007

political junkie + blog dork = refreshing Wonkette's live running commentary on the SOTU every few minutes.

Of the many things that irked me about the speech, the one that sticks in my mind the most is that for all Bush's talk of alternative energy, how come he never mentions energy conservation? Would it be so hard for the president to ask Americans to take the very easy, painless steps of driving a bit less, or putting on sweaters and turning the heat down? They aren't large enough to solve the energy dependency completely, but they are immediate acts that everyone can put into practice, not just the people who will drive alternative-energy cars in 10 years. I'm not lured into his ethanol ideas. He still reeks of lobbyists and special interests.

In other news, I started reading Imperial Life in the Emerald City today. I feel sick.

No comments: