10 January 2007

ralph

I did not want to go running this morning but somehow I dragged myself out the door. I had to deposit a check, mail some Netflix, and buy some half & half, and I knew I could do all that at the shopping center that's conveniently located exactly 1 mile from us. And I could run on the trail instead of the street, so that was a bonus. I coaxed myself into one little mile, figuring it was better than 0 miles (does it bother anyone else that "zero" gets a plural noun?). I knew I would succomb to the free Starbucks awaiting me and end up walking home. I justified it by getting soy and trying to walk briskly.

Anyway, one thing that minorly annoys me is that in order to get to the trail I have to cross the street at a traffic light along a busy road right outside our apartment. I psyche myself up with a good first song on the ipod, just to stand there rocking out for a few minutes on the sidewalk instead of actually running. I finally got to the trail, and the second song came up. I was so pleasantly surprised that it was "The Final Countdown" (Mike it's on your itunes if you want to listen to it any time). I forgot I had that. I started laughing out loud and luckily no one else was on the trail to see me being foolish. I wanted to dance around performing illusions. I nearly let a "Steve Holt!" slip out. (If anyone other than Mike and Vicky know what I'm talking about, please raise your hands.)

I know this post doesn't make much sense, but I wanted a reason to post this picture.

No comments: