21 January 2007

Sunday SWAP Update

These are my faux-wrap knit dresses from, mmm, I guess two weeks ago now. They are rayon-lycra jerseys in pink sparkle and elephant green.

I've hardly done any sewing this week. I lost some steam. I got my three knit tops cut out last weekend and one of them is nearly complete--just needs sleeves. Then for several days I didn't even look at any fabric. Yesterday, instead of sewing those three tops that could have been done in just one day if I really put my mind to it, I started cutting out my last three pieces--two dresses and a jacket. (I was inspired to work on vintage dress patterns after watching this video on Dress A Day yesterday morning.) By the end of today I'll have those three garments entirely cut out and hopefully the interfacing cut and fused, too. After that all I can do is just keep sewing.

Let's see what my tally is now:
4 finished (2 skirts; 2 dresses)
2 nearly done (coat needs buttons; 1 knit top needs sleeves)
5 cut out (1 jacket; 2 dresses; 2 knit tops)


No comments: