20 January 2007

Super-Terrific Blog Time!

NeCoRo

Mike sent me an email with the subject, "Your new favorite news source." He might be right! It's a blog called Magnoy's Samsara. It appears to be a blog out of Thailand. Highlights include in-depth accounts of a famous Bollywood couple, Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai; a story about a gang of elephants in a Thai wildlife preserve holding up a sugarcane caravan and pushing the trucks over so they could eat all the sugar (see also Elephant News Thailand); and links to Japanese robotic cat videos on YouTube. (See here and here.)

As I've been writing this post I've become more and more obsessed with NeCoRo, the robotic cats. Neco is Japanese for cat. It's my dream to one day live in Japan, where Grendel will be known as o-neco (great cat) and Ellie will be necoco (little cat). The robotic cat meows from the various websites I've been looking at this morning are driving necoco crazy.

No comments: