02 January 2007

Well, there was no snow on the mountaintop. Hopefully it will happen at least once this winter. I wonder how long winter lasts here? Yesterday felt downright spring-like in the afternoon.

I have officially started my SWAP. I cut out 2 skirts on Sunday. I'll be able to sew them up quickly. This week I want to complete those skirts and get my reversible coat fabrics cut out. I had wanted to finish the coat first, but decided to increase my number of completed garments (from 0 to 2 of 11) with two quick ones so I'll feel more accomplished. (My garment list is here.) My two months of uninterrupted sewing time starts today. There are 13 weeks left to the SWAP contest deadline. I'd like to stay ahead of the one garment per week average this year.

In other news, I finished reading Candyfreak last night and I'm going to concentrate all my reading time on finishing Foucault's Pendulum. I have less than 200 pages to go.

No comments: