07 March 2007

I'm sewing.

I realized I haven't updated my sewing projects in a while. The SWAP is nearly finished. I have about one afternoon's worth of work to do on one dress, and then it's done. The deadline is in a few weeks. I don't know why I'm procrastinating on this, except that I'm just kind of burnt out.

I've been doing some stash reduction sewing and trying some new patterns. I dug into my first Hot Patterns pattern, Artful Dodger Floribunda Tops. Once I got it to fit right I fell in love with it. I sewed 2 tops and have plans for a third.

I also tried the Hot Patterns Weekender Renaissance Top. I'm having trouble with the fit and I'm trying to decide if I keep going with it or use the fabric I had intended for it for a tried-and-true pattern. I think it's more important for me to have anything made in this particular fabric rather than have it sit in the stash until I get around to fitting this pattern. Other fabrics will come along. Or I'll give up on this pattern and move on.

And I made two clutch purses recently from some scraps. I also went through my knits stash and made 3 t-shirts.

I am sewing. I'm just spending more time doing it than posting about it. And once the good camera is back in my hands I'll get some good photos posted to flickr. I'm sick of my laptop cam.

No comments: