13 October 2007

vampires

'Tis the season for them!

I had some blood drawn this morning for some tests. They took 7 vials! They wear you down by not letting you eat for 12 hours, then swoop in with their vials and needles and you're helpless to defend yourself. It's not like the sight of blood bothers me, in fact I always watch the vials filling up with morbid fascination. I just feel funny about sitting there with a needle sticking into my arm for the length of time it takes to fill those 7 vials. I'm so fair skinned that I'm going to have a bruise for a couple days probably.

And, for like the 3rd time within a week, I had to pee in a cup.

I'm doing it all for love. In case Mike's job moves us overseas, I need a medical clearance.

Yesterday I had my general examination. Today they took my blood. Tomorrow I have to go back so they can look at the pinprick from my TB test for 2 seconds and determine that I don't have TB. (I really wish they could come to me for that 2 seconds. Can't a nurse swing by on her way home or something?)

I've had some food now, but no where near my usual amount of coffee yet, so I'm still a little out of it.

No comments: