13 February 2008

A Very Happy Unbirthday to Me


Yesterday was my birthday, so today is an unbirthday. (I think that's the same birthday cake photo I used last year.)

It was a good birthday. Mike and I had the opportunity to meet some of the people we'll be living and working with in Burundi. We left the luncheon with even more excitement about moving there. And on cold, rainy days like yesterday and today, who wouldn't be yearning for warm weather, lush jungle, drinks on the lake while watching crocs and hippos and who know what other critters? That will be next year's birthday.

Our shipment of stuff from California arrived last Friday, so we now have winter clothes, the Wii, and my sewing machine. I think I'm going to work on one of my flowy Africa skirts today. I want to forget the so-called ice storm that's apparently going on outside my window.

Edited to add:
The birthday present I ordered for myself just arrived. Betsey Johnson pumps for 40% off!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Hey, that "so-called ice storm" knocked out our power sometime last night. When I left for work (in a gross state), it was still off.

The Hubz and puppy and I may just come crash in your hotel room tonight! ;)

Lauren said...

Oh, and happy belated birthday! (Happy Unbirthday!)

Stephanie said...

I don't think the puppy would enjoy being terrorized by the cats.

Anonymous said...

Cuuuuute Shoes!