Vicky at Mummy Chronicles tagged me ages ago and I think I'm just tired enough to do this now.
The rules: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What was I doing ten years ago?
In the summer of 1998 I had just graduated college, started my first job, and moved into my first apartment. It was quite a tumultuous, transitional time, as it is for many early-twentysomethings.
What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:
1. Try on some shoes I ordered from Zappos about two months ago so I can either put them away or send them back
2. Find a place to store the 6 boxes of Amazon.com groceries that are supposed to be delivered today
3. Recover from my wisdom tooth extraction
4. Return some personal emails
5. Watch Project Runway reruns while they're on Bravo this morning since I won't have Bravo in Burundi
Five Snacks I Enjoy:
2. Ice Cream
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Pay off my parents' mortgages and repay them for my student loans
2. Buy a big piece of land and build my and Mike's dream home
4. Give to or start my own charities... I'm not sure what kinds though. Maybe I'd start some sort of grant or scholarship fund. (Like George Costanza once said, "I could be a kick-ass philanthropist!")
Places I have lived:
1. Hope Valley, RI
2. Bridgeport, CT
3. San Diego, CA
4. Arlington, VA
5. Walnut Creek, CA
6. Falls Church, VA
7. Washington, D.C.
Jobs I have had:
1. Ice cream scooper at a Ben & Jerry's near the beach
2. Cleaned rooms at a crummy motel (not the same as Vicky's, but it's next-town-over equivalent)
3. Filed things for a professor as my college work-study job
4. Children's book editorial assistant
5. Children's book writer
6. Various other proofreading, editing, and publishing related jobs
7. Sales associate at a book store (awesome job, by the way, if you like books and working for slightly more than minimum wage)
7. Currently, editorial assistant for a medical journal
Now I'm supposed to tag other bloggers, but I'm not going to do that. Just about anyone I know who'd want to do this meme has already done it. But I will suggest a few awesome blogs, some I've been a long-time reader of, some I recently discovered:
The Mummy Chronicles
Becoming a Fiction Writer
Easier than Scrapbooking
Inder Loves Folk Art
A Catalog of Bitch
Check out these lovely ladies and enjoy!