28 March 2010

Chickens at the Door

Jerry the rooster is getting bold. A few days ago I heard the gentle clucking again, this time from the front door. When I looked up the whole family was standing there, including the chicks. They looked like they were waiting to be invited in.

I gave in. I didn't let them in the house this time, but I grabbed some slices of bread and gave them a treat. This was the first time the chicks had been so close to the house and I want them to be used to me.

Yesterday I heard a tapping sound coming from the back door. Jerry was actually there, knocking! And again the whole family was standing nearby behind him. I guess he's decided that we mzungus, with our breadcrumbs, aren't so scary after all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Stephanie ~ LOVE the photos!

So cute that he brought his whole family... and so cute that he's now knocking on your door!

You must make sure that then next tenant knows to feed the cute chickens, LOL!

Oh my goodness, if I had chickens knocking on my door, they would soon weigh seven million tons from all the food I would give them. And my blog would be nothing but chicken pictures. It would be frightening! LOL!

Bfiles said...

that's too funny!

I am enjoying your blog and have linked to yours from mine...
best, bridget

Anonymous said...

It's Friday, and that means that the Seventh Weekly State Department Blog Roundup is up - and you're on it!

Here is the link:

http://bit.ly/cMOqdi

(If I quoted your text or used your photo(s) and you would rather I had not, please let me know. Please also be sure to check the link(s) that I put up to you, in order to verify that they work properly. If you would rather that I had not referenced you, and/or do not want me to reference you in the future, please also contact me.)

Thanks!