26 March 2010

Long Week

It's been kind of a frustrating week. Shortly after the phones went dead last weekend, due to stolen cables, the internet just up and disappeared for two days. Since it's been back, it's been as slow as molasses. I've been wanting to put some nice photos up on the blog, but they are literally taking hours to upload and then the internet connection, or the electricity altogether, blinks out and I have to start over again.

The floor in the living room is falling apart. I don't know exactly what's going on under the tiles, but they are popping up and making creaking sounds. The landlord has been in and out all week with contractors and on Monday they'll start ripping up the floor. I really hope it's not termites, but it probably is. This house is going to need to be completely de-bugged, tenting and all, when we move out before the next tenant moves in.

Work has kept me busy this week, which is good. But it also makes me sad because I'm starting to prepare my office for when I leave. This program has been my baby since the first day I arrived and on one hand I'm burning out a bit, but on the other, it's still mine and I'm not working that hard in finding a replacement for me. I'm going to have to soon, though.

Mike's been back in D.C. for almost two weeks, and last week I was fine. But this week I needed help. I know he's not having all fun and games himself, either. He's been sick and I don't envy his 24 hours of flying time this weekend while fighting a cold.

However, I have a weekend of couch-potato-ing ahead of me. Mail arrived today, and with it Project Runway Season 6 DVDs and a case of Annie's gluten-free macaroni & cheese. I need comfort food and comfort tv right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no!! So sorry you're having so many technical difficulties.

I can't even imagine how frustrating the internet situation must be. You must just be so upset.

Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

It's Friday, and that means that the Sixth Weekly State Department Blog Roundup is up - and you're on it!

Here is the link:

http://bit.ly/deo4HK

(If I quoted your text or used your photo(s) and you would rather I had not, please let me know. Please also be sure to check the link(s) that I put up to you, in order to verify that they work properly. If you would rather that I had not referenced you, and/or do not want me to reference you in the future, please also contact me.)

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'll be home soon! Not that I can help or fix anything, but I can complain so much that you start having to be the opposing voice of reason!!

-Mike