08 June 2010

Short Update on the Long Road Home

It was a long thirty hours and despite delays and frustration along the way, the cat and I both arrived in Providence, Rhode Island, yesterday afternoon right on time. I don't want to dwell on the bad parts (although for my food blog I have a few things I'd like to say about the gluten-free meal services on my flights) so just know that we were both tired and scruffy upon arrival, but after a good dinner, plenty of water, and a few hours of sleep, we're both looking and feeling much better. She's snoozing next to me right now, apparently not affected by jet lag at all. I got several solid hours of sleep, but woke up around 8:00 am Buj time, which is 2:00 am here. I see several naps in my future.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Woo hoo! Welcome home!! Glad to hear you made it there safely, despite the bit of trouble along the way! Looking forward to being in your shoes in just a few days.

Unknown said...

SO glad you are home and safe and sound. Get rest, see the beach and soak up some RI for me!!